New projects

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun DIY stuff.

I often have need to quickly dry a wet clay pot, but it needs to dry evenly. I attached these fins to what we call a banding wheel.

Another one- I use wood ash and some nasty natural materials in glazes- they have to be sieved bit the screen gets all clogged up. It takes forever to scrub the stuff through with a brush, so I built a vibrating sieve based on a Harry Davis book with a design for a heavy duty one to screen dry materials.

image.jpg

The vibration is provided by the motor out of a broken window fan. I clipped the blades off it and put a deck screw in the side to provide the wobble/vibration. Screw it in for higher frequency, out for more amplitude.

image.jpg

Reactions: smokinj and raybonz
awesome!

I need the bearings out of that motor... pretty sure they are the same as the ones on my stove's blower which just died :)

Can't beat a labor saver like that. Gives you more production time instead of futzing around the old way.

Nice work AP! Necessity is indeed the mother of invention ;)

Ray

Where's the duct tape?

"Screw it in for higher frequency, out for more amplitude."
I love that.

The turntable immediately reminded me of this device we used to use in our microwave.
Its a wind-up turntable by NordicWare, the "Micro-Go-Round"
IJwUrETZ2_ydaY7n7Z3eKe_CNcK2yk2yJVtAJbnkccN2FDbMDLUMexhOY2MzgcqKD0n3LgeY1Q9cPnHiHqz06aRzcoX5rfI5zEDeFqznrB10wbojDt9yByemwKUDXE3G2dWQgoRMv0wEr1PmHszRKauAA37mQp1uO3AuqLc=s220-c

The turntable immediately reminded me of this device we used to use in our microwave. Its a wind-up turntable by NordicWare, the "Micro-Go-Round"

And that reminds me of a metal turntable my folks had when I was a kid. You wound it up, put the birthday cake on it, and the cake would revolve slowly while the turntable played "Happy Birthday". Nice memories!

Reactions: semipro
Where's the duct tape?

"Screw it in for higher frequency, out for more amplitude."
I love that.

The turntable immediately reminded me of this device we used to use in our microwave.
Its a wind-up turntable by NordicWare, the "Micro-Go-Round"
IJwUrETZ2_ydaY7n7Z3eKe_CNcK2yk2yJVtAJbnkccN2FDbMDLUMexhOY2MzgcqKD0n3LgeY1Q9cPnHiHqz06aRzcoX5rfI5zEDeFqznrB10wbojDt9yByemwKUDXE3G2dWQgoRMv0wEr1PmHszRKauAA37mQp1uO3AuqLc=s220-c
We had one of those for years with the original microwave. The new one the turntable is built in

Status
Not open for further replies.