New....QuadraFire Voyageur Grand installed....questions..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

one028

Dec 11, 2014
Michigan
I love this thing...I live in Michigan and its awesome to basically heat my house by just using this stove...but have questions...

1. the damn glass is always dirty....no matter what....changed wood, burned hotter...ect. ect.....still dirty.

2. now my house is dry...obviously can't put a kettle on top of the stove, but what other options are there to get humidity in my house, by using the stove....putting a pot of water in front does nothing..not hot enough..

Last edited:
A humidifier. You can get a decent small one for $20-50. Works much better than a steamer/kettle anyways

Yeah. Messed with kettles on the stove for years and finally just got a cool mist humidifier and never looked back.

If you are burning N/S the front of the splits are crapping up the glass spewing gasses against it.

Stand alone plug in humidifier. Kettles and steamers don't really put out enough moisture . . . the one on my stove is mostly there for the potpourri.

Great looking insert! Just had a flush mount installed also. What I've read about dirty glass is to not fret over it, all glass will get dirty. I wipe mine clean with a damp paper towel before lighting up

Status
Not open for further replies.