new stove break in- regency f2400

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steph

Mar 24, 2014
Maine
Hi all, we just bought a new regency f2400 and did three small break in fires. Went to get a bigger fire going tonight, didnt realise how fast the fire got going and temps exceeded 750 or so. Got it down to 500 now, it was pinging... quite a bit, not so much now.Very nervous and hoping we didnt just screw it up! Anyone out there have any input?

It should be fine don't worry about it just pay more attention in the future

It should be fine don't worry about it just pay more attention in the future

oh thank you! I was freaking out that I may have screwed up a $2000 stove... we had a vc vigilant before and got so used to waiting forever for it to get to temp!

would it be better to let the stove cool completely where we only did the three break in fires or keep it going?

I'd say it is officially broken in and ready for heating. :)

Reactions: steph
This is a steel stove. There is little break-in required. It's mostly to drive moisture out of the firebrick, then to cure the paint. From the sounds of things you have passed both milestones.

This is a steel stove. There is little break-in required. It's mostly to drive moisture out of the firebrick, then to cure the paint. From the sounds of things you have passed both milestones.
thank you! good to know. yep, i would say after the amount of fumes that came off the stove, we can say without a doubt we passed them with flying colors!! :)

My regency pings all the time as it is heating up and cooling down. Never been an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.