New stove coming advice/questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kversch

Dec 26, 2014
New York
My wife and I are the new proud owners of a lopi liberty. They are coming out tomorrow for the reinstall check and the stove is getting installed the a week from Friday.

Is there anything we should be asking the installers or anything? Also anything we should be keeping in mind as we start heating this winter with our new stove.

I read a little about n/s and e/w loading. Is there any major difference or advantages to one over the other?

What is going to be the installation/hearth and chimney setup?

Congrats. That sucker is a heating beast.

Have I ever mentioned that I love big honkin steel stoves?

What is going to be the installation/hearth and chimney setup?

Congrats. That sucker is a heating beast.

Have I ever mentioned that I love big honkin steel stoves?
The hearth is in the bacement. Right now it half finished/insulated Future plan to finish it all off. Chimney will go up and out the cinder block wall

Are you getting the ignition system they offer as an option. Just load the wood and press button fire start up?
Not that you would need to use that very often with the long burn times on that stove.
Enjoy the heat and the view!

Better make that exterior flue fully insulated.

Status
Not open for further replies.