New stove install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodenlegs23

Dec 27, 2014
NJ
I am in the process of getting a new stove for my house and wanted some opinions. I am looking to get the Jotul F 3 CB. Any opinions on that stove? The cost looks to be about $1800 for the stove and $1050 for the SS chimney liner I would need. Also the installs another $900. How about the price? Below is a picture of the fireplace I knocked out in my living room. I will be putting 4 inch brick up behind where the fireplace was in order to reduce clearances and look nicer. Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 179
It's a good unit. Most Jotuls are. They've been around since 1853. The only complaints I've heard about the F3CB is the small firebox.
Small firebox = short burn times & more re-loading of the stove.

That was a fireplace? also it looks like there is a line r in there already what is wrong with it?

There was a liner for a gas fueled "fake fireplace" previously. Below is the picture of the fireplace before I ripped it out. It was unsafe and badly built. I am putting a stove in no problem just trying to figure out exactly which stove to buy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 99
The price seems a bit high for the stove, is it enameled? It's a good little stove and an eager heater. How will it be used, nights and evenings or more? How large an area to you want to heat with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.