New stove pic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Topshelf

Ok so here it is up and running

photo_18057.jpg

Great looking install! Burn that corn & enjoy the heat!

BTW, what is corn going for up there?

Right now I'm only burning pellets. This is a dual fuel stove. Corn here is about $5 bucks for a 50 lbs bag at the local farm type store. I havent really looked into the corn side yet other than burning a couple of bags one weekend just for grins. One local Grainery told me they would have corn for 7 bucks a bushel once the farmers cut the corn. Another grainery told m it would be 4-5 bucks a bushel if I bought it by the U.S. ton (2k pounds). I havea buddy who can hook me up with a gravity box for the winter. next season.

The hearth in the pic was where my old Lopi woodstove sat. I used that for probably 7 years until wood got crazy to find and the cost was stupid. I use to get wood for free for cutting and hauling it. Now every guy in the state sells fire wood on the side of the road for 60 bucks a face cord.

I love being able to pour a bag of pellets in the stove and walk away for day. No chain saw, no splitting, stacking of wood. I wont ever go back to fire wood.

[quote author="macman" date="1260946634"]Great looking install! Burn that corn & enjoy the heat!

BTW, what is corn going for up there?[/quote]

I just got a price of +/- $160 per ton. How does that compare in your or anyone else's area?

Topshelf said:
I just got a price of +/- $160 per ton. How does that compare in your or anyone else's area?
That's a real good price compared to what I would pay here....the local farmer wants $250 /ton here.....that's why I'm burning pellets in my multi fuel stove.

If I could get it for $160 like you, I'd be burning 100% corn.

That looks really nice, love the tile color! Congrats!

Congrats and Happy Burning!
Stove looks great with the slate/stone.

Stove look's great. Good Luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.