New Stove Purchase / Drolet

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Reming870

Nov 18, 2022
I am pretty sure my mind is made up on a Drolet Escape 1800 with legs. Biggest question I have is where to now buy it. It appears I can buy it direct from Drolet. Has anyone purchased direct? Any other places recommended?

Currently running a Fisher so this is going to be a big upgrade!

At this point, it may be a question of where it is in stock.

I got mine from Costco but I think it just drop shipped from a Drolet warehouse. It will come freight so the shipping company may or may not be the same. All warranty will go through Drolet unless you want to return it. Find a good price with shipping included.

I bought mine straight from them. Costco sells them here in Canada, but not the 1800. I was told there was a back order, and they gave a date of availability. It showed up a week before the availability date!

Reactions: EbS-P
Myfireplaceproducts is the primary online seller of drolet here in Canada. I have bought two stoves through them in the past couple of years. Painlessly except that I am considered remote and the "free delivery" won't deliver here. So we have had to pick up the stoves at the shippers yard. No big deal. In Canada you can also buy the drolet line through the drolet website, but drolet sells at msrp; myfireplaceproducts has discounts on certain product which change at the first of every month.

anyway, I would suppose their online sales in america is similarly reliable.

certain retailers also carry drolet stoves (for example canadian tire), but only a few models.

the 1800 is a sideways loader. The only reason we got a bigger stove was to avoid that, fwiw.

I have had good luck with the myfireplaceproducts store in the US. Very quick shipping; delivery is included; no sales tax. Includes lift gate service and truckers always brought right up to my garage....700 foot driveway...up a hill.

Show 6 in stock at this time.

If you want the 1800 with legs and the nickel door looks like you will have to wait till June of next year.

Last edited:
Myfireplaceproducts is the primary online seller of drolet here in Canada. I have bought two stoves through them in the past couple of years. Painlessly except that I am considered remote and the "free delivery" won't deliver here. So we have had to pick up the stoves at the shippers yard.
When I ordered though Drolet, they delivered right to my door, and I'm out in the boonies. 🤷‍♂️

Based on my experiences with two drolet stoves (and their customer service people too), you will be very pleased with your new stove!

congrats! And happy heating!

Reactions: RomanW
I just bought an 1800 from Modern Homes Supply a few weeks ago. It shipped directly from Drolet out of Indiana. Took about 20 calendar days to arrive.

P.S. so far I’m very happy with it!

Reactions: RomanW