Q&A New Stove - Smoking and smelling

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I just had a stove installed on Monday and now can't take the smoke. The interior wired lining has loosened and is coming off. Part of the lining has melted and is sticking to the interior. I only had two small fires to warm up the stove as per the instructions. Smoke seems to come down the chimney and the house reeks with smoke. My eyes sting and my temper is matching the heat required to use the catalytic. Any shared experiences with this stove? Thanks for any suggestions

Answer:

The first number of times you burn s new stove- the oils in the paint will cure off and smoke and smell the house up . My advice would be to burn is a hotter - and open the windows till the smoke burns off of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.