New (to me and family) Iron & Oak 26 Ton.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevy Power

Oct 21, 2013
Norton Ohio
My Dad, Grandfather, and my self went in thirds and bought this splitter. We got a decent deal from a family member who works at an equipment dealer. They are getting out of home owner type rentals, and we got first dibs on this beauty. My grandfather really likes the idea of having the log cradle. I am a fabricator and can't see paying 100$+ for a new one.

The cradle seems straight forward and I was hoping someone could offer up a few pictures of theirs. I have no problem welding to the I beam but I would like to avoid it. I know the factory one says no drilling which I would like to reproduce this for ours.

Also ours does not have the log dislodger, which is another thing I think would be very beneficial when you get into the tough pieces of wood that get stuck on the wedge.

How do people feel about a 4 way wedge? I don't think Iron & Oak sells one but for certain wood I think it would be a huge time saver, and this time of year its cold outside and warm in my garage so building one would be fun.

I have a few ideas on these things but I like to hear others opinions. I'll keep everyone updated on these custom accessories as they come about. Thanks!

Attachments

• PART_1423609432999_20150210_180110.jpg
    PART_1423609432999_20150210_180110.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 225
image.jpg image.jpg Good quality splitter you've got there. A 4 way would be nice for the easy to split stuff, but I normally end up with gnarly big stuff so I just have a regular wedge. Here's a couple pictures of my cradles on a 27 ton Troy-Bilt. Tabs were already welded on the sides of the beams and then these plates were fabricated and bolted to the plates. Mine go up above the beam because they would have hit the wheel/fender when vertical.

I have the I&O 26 ton,with log cradles and log dislogger. a 4 way would be nice , but works well

I had few hours to kill and made a log cradle, no pics of it on the splitter yet because its at my dads. Needs a coat of paint and its ready to go. It's overly complicated I know, but should do the trick. It will clear the tire when the splitter is used in the vertical position. Hopefully we won't be unbolting this thing for any reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.