New to Pellet Stoves - Have questions on Englander and more?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
first stove breckwell second stove new englander third stove breckwell if there was to be a fourth it would be a breckwell . in my humble opinion get a breckwell big easy . my third stove is the big easy installed in a 40 by 40 pole barn .heats like no tomorrow toast warm .large hopper no refilling daily needed replaced my 92 percent furnace in the barn. haven't look back

Hot Times said:
....There was a heat stove there before. 6" flue. I tied into that old line once I was outside the house. The tech I spoke with thought that a long updraft like that could be a problem as well especially since it system had a cap instead of a turn..........Will reset to 1-2-1 for a started even though my "backdoor" guy at England said 4-5-1 and see what it does while I wait for more help here.

I don't want to contradict an Englander tech, and actually wish Mike Holton would chime in on this (BTW, he was the one that told me 1-1-1 on the stove settings), but if the tech is correct that a 6" flue will draft more than normal, then IMO, that is even MORE of an indication of using a lower # on the LBA setting. The higher the #, the faster the hot air goes through the stove & up the chimney.

The 1-1-1 setting allows for less pellets which in turn needs less air to burn them, and also goes through the stove slower (heat exchanger extracts more heat the longer the hot air is in the stove).

My 10-cpm has performed great on those settings, and I have my 4" pellet pipe going into a 8" ex-woodstove pipe.

Attachments

• Exhaust-1.jpg
    Exhaust-1.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 227
  • 10-CPM Burn2.jpg
    10-CPM Burn2.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 227
imacman said:
Hot Times said:
....There was a heat stove there before. 6" flue. I tied into that old line once I was outside the house. The tech I spoke with thought that a long updraft like that could be a problem as well especially since it system had a cap instead of a turn..........Will reset to 1-2-1 for a started even though my "backdoor" guy at England said 4-5-1 and see what it does while I wait for more help here.

I don't want to contradict an Englander tech, and actually wish Mike Holton would chime in on this (BTW, he was the one that told me 1-1-1 on the stove settings), but if the tech is correct that a 6" flue will draft more than normal, then IMO, that is even MORE of an indication of using a lower # on the LBA setting. The higher the #, the faster the hot air goes through the stove & up the chimney.

The 1-1-1 setting allows for less pellets which in turn needs less air to burn them, and also goes through the stove slower (heat exchanger extracts more heat the longer the hot air is in the stove).

My 10-cpm has performed great on those settings, and I have my 4" pellet pipe going into a 8" ex-woodstove pipe.

Will take it down and see what happens - a little warmer here, it did feel better on 1-2-1, not sure of the implications on that yet...and the info on pipe size is incouraging. I did a member search and that are lots of people here. ANY ideas what is screen name is? I would do an emal if he has one listed.
I did notice it was glowing embers in the burn pot, which was encouraging as well. Much cleaner too.

I know it is slow due to the holidays. But being a visual learner has problems if there are no pictures around. So I created my own. The control panel.
Bottom 3 are down to 1-1-1
And I'm playing with the middle two. Tried several setting on these last night and actually got air moving about 6 to 8 feet from the stove, so it is blowing and hotter in the first 2+ feet. So it is progress. And when it gets too cool, the blower shuts down for the fire box to heat up again. So that has helped. But still back to not enough heat generated.

1. Something internal? I could take it apart and do something if I had any idea what to do/look for?

2. The flue - not the one without the e - already had that kind. Picked up an elbow and may just unhook the long run and see if that makes a difference? A lot of work on a hunch, but it has been over a week and nothing back from England! May have to just return the stove, running out of time to do that task!

Attachments

• stovecontrolpanel_A.jpg
    stovecontrolpanel_A.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 211
Status
Not open for further replies.