New Vogelzang Ponderosa, Question about the Control Levers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

crazycat

Dec 8, 2015
TN
We had an older Vogelzang Mountaineer, and have upgraded to the Ponderosa. I did read the instruction manual (and overlooked the mistakes), and did an initial short burn to season the paint. Here's my question:

When I push the High Burn control lever B (on the right) in and out, I can feel resistance, like it's pushing something. When I push in the Primary Air Control lever A (on the left), it doesn't feel like it's pushing anything, and feels loose, and will wobble about an inch from side to side.

For those of you with Ponderosa's, does this seem right? If not, how and where should I be checking the lever inside or under the stove?

Thanks for your help.