Newbie Horizontal Venting Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ktfinch2000

Sep 13, 2008
Coventry, Rhode Island
Let me start by saying this is the best site ever. I've found so much useful info from pellet brands to stove reviews etc. Everyone here helped me so much in making my stove and pellet purchase. I will have my stove (Breckwell p23) delivered in a few days and had a question on the install. Can someone tell me how long of a piece of pipe I would need for a horizontal install. I am doing a corner install. I purchased a adapter,thimble,45 degree elbow, and horz. cap. I did also buy a 3 ft piece of pipe but now I think it may be to long. Does anyone know how long this pipe should be? I don't want it to stick out to far because it can be seen on the front of the house but I do want it correct. Duravent says 6" of clearance plus horz cap is ok, but I want to be sure. Thanks in advance!!!

Mine is only 2' out & no soot problem . Good luck & welcome. Muss

Mine says 12" clearance from the wall. I have mine at 18" you should be fine a bit long i would worry about someone hitting it and dislodging it...

Status
Not open for further replies.