newbie with picture /info request on pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lexybird

Minister of Fire
Nov 9, 2008
northwestern PA.
Hello everyone ,looks like a very informative wood forum ,well like most people im sick and tired of paying ridiculous fuel oil prices for mediocore heating .the us stove pellet multifuel stove i just bought from tractor supply might as well have been a hair dryer duct taped to my wall lol guess thats what i get for buying into the hype and trying to heat my home on dinky bags of rabbit food (wife was not happy )anyways so here i am im a total newbie wet nehind the ears when it comes to burning wood i just recently purchased an englander 28-3500 model and eager to get this roaring so im getting a late start (scrounging for wood too)and learning as i go my question is the install process and what the proper pipe setup should be ,im going out of a basement window and along the back side of my house with supports and plan to use triple walled simpson SS 6' internal pipe outside and single on the insde as i go through the 6' duravent thimble ,how will the single and triple securely mate up and where ? concerning the thinner stove pipe inside where is there a damper to be located is it even needed ?and can i buy a pipe section with damper already inside it ?how does the single pipe secure inside the stove collar opening ? anyone have pics of how this should look so i can get a good idea .nights are getting alot colder now and i cant wait to enjoy the heat benefits , reduction in foregin need and my cost savings of my new englander addon stove ,plus im really flabby and weak so cutting and stacking wood might give me some upper arm strength and improve my chances at a modeling career

Denny

thanks for the information ..anyone else care to chime in as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.