Newbie with ? re: Aux-air on Quadrafire 7100FP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shwejw

Hearth Supporter
Oct 16, 2009
Beaverton, OR
Long time listener, first time poster. We recently (6mos ago) moved into our newly completed home in which I had a 7100FP installed to serve as the primary heating source. I've used the stove only a few times and it works well. I would like to get a positive pressure going in the house and believe that the aux-air will enable it. Currently I have only been using the unit w/the outside air source (knob on bottom right turned to open). The contractor/installer ran about 5ft of 6" metal flex duct from the aux-air port on right of the unit down into the house crawlspace, which I can easily plumb all the way to the back hallway of the house where I would like warm air to be drawn to (about 40ft away). A few questions:

1) Does sliding the lever on the bottom to enable aux-air automatically shut off the outside air?
2) If I want to use the aux-air, should I turn the outside air knob off to shut off outside air, or must that remain on all the time? e.g. if using aux-air, I am actually using both outside and aux air?
3) Any other recommendations to enable pisitive pressure in the house?

Thanks in advance for the help....some pics of our new home/hearth.

Steve

Attachments

• Newbie with ? re: Aux-air on Quadrafire 7100FP
    GreatRm.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 173
  • Newbie with ? re: Aux-air on Quadrafire 7100FP
    GreatRm furnished.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 179
Status
Not open for further replies.