Newest Score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

D. Hermit

Feeling the Heat
Nov 21, 2020
NeK Vermont
Got this in the mail finally after one popped up on ebay! Since I can not get Bob to sign it since hes passed, I think im going to need to send it too Coaly for an autograph!

B6E84CA1-CA82-459A-A65A-5D28CD0AE91F.jpeg

Reactions: PA Mountain Man
There was actually a photo of me posing with a Papa Bear the same as Bob on the cover, I believe in reverse. The stove pictured on the cover is a lefty, mine is a right hand door with right side vent. If I find it, I'll scan it and post.
I'm better with a torch than a computer program.
Do your worst;

1-27-2012 Fisher Stoves Factory Showroom.JPG 1-27-2012 Factoryville.JPG

PC060047.JPG PC060046.JPG

I came across this photo one day and realized it was close to a mirror image of the photo shoot for the cover!

Early Papa Bear.jpg Right hand early Papa.

I'd show more, but I seem to have the same clothes on for the next couple years. hmmm

Dismantling the PA Fisher Showroom

P1010024.JPG P1010003.JPG P1010002.JPG

Those are awesome shots Coaly! How much cool fisher advirtising did you get from that shop
closing up?

Reactions: PA Mountain Man
Everything stayed in the building since the business owner there was selling stoves up until a couple years ago. They were still doing business as "Fisher Stoves Factory Showroom" until they closed about 2 years ago. Those pics were taken years ago. The #1 stove built there is now at his home as well. The same building owner still owns the building. It was rented to the Moore's originally as the welding shop in the back and showroom out front. Then the manager back when I bought my first stove there took over the business and continued to rent it. It is now a bait and tackle shop that the owner runs seasonally and lives in Florida for the winter. Across the street is a large metal building that became the Centurion Safe fabrication shop and the safes were sold at the Fisher Showroom as well, a part of the Fisher Century Inc. business. They are now the number one selling gun and home safe in America known as Liberty, still using the Centurion brand name. So, in a way Fisher Century lives on with the same lifetime warranty as long as the company exists.

There was a miniature model of the doors and how they latched on the counter, and we couldn't find it closing up. That would have been neat to have. I have enough to set up at least one Fisher Showroom, including the stoves, brochures and manuals. Some items include the Ganz teddy bear in my avatar that was given with the purchase of a Teddy Bear, a nice cast iron Fisher trivet that is rarely found anymore, the original stove shop sign, one that lights up from a Canadian dealer, "Ad slicks" that I framed, drinking glasses, hats, match books, brass buckles that were sold, and a bronze dealer belt buckle. A few posters, and the original wooden blocks carved for print presses in newspaper ads. A few 8 x 10 glossy original pictures that were used in the ads, window decals, and a set of "hang tags" that were used on the stoves in the showroom. Some items courtesy of Camfan, as well as original prints. Other collectables from eBay, and a bunch of parts from the Colorado fabricator that sold all their left over parts at auction.
Here is what was hung on the stove handles in the showroom so everyone knew what model they were looking at. Specs are on the other side;

stickers and door tags.JPG

This was the poster on the bathroom door.

P1010005.JPG

New, clear window decals framed on a white background;

Decal with flash.JPG

Original Ad slicks;

ad slicks.JPG

Framed;

Ad Slick Framed 2.JPG

The things I won't post like bankruptcy papers, internal memos, price sheets, and original drawings are protected from sellers making copies and selling as originals, as well as some personal family pictures.

Wow! Those are an absolutely amazing collection! My favorite by far is the “a Fisher wood stove could be your SECOND most important fixture” I hope thats framed on your wall, they just dont advertise that well anymore!

There really must not be anyone in the countey with a more complete Fisher collection. You should open a show room, Id love to road trip and check it out!

That's a neat collection and it is nice to have a collection with something you respect and love especially the history of it that I know you know by heart...Good for you....I love those stoves something about them and I cannot quite put my finger on it maybe the history or just the slick way they did their advertisement way back when....lol I wonder who has that gate that locked like a stove and i hope someday it is found and I just bet it is a heavy piece--neat...Its still around...somewhere....lol clancey..

So funny story. True story. My ebay alert was still active for the book. And my phone went off this evening with this. I paid $40 for the other copy. And the signature and inscription look pretty spot on too Coalys example. For 60 I took the chance, how could I not?CACB684E-7705-4E63-81CB-D1F1E7B37363.png