Next year plans

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisasst

Minister of Fire
Aug 13, 2008
cortland ny
I know it's only about half way through burning season. But with the warm weather on the east this year what does this do for next year pellet supply. Are mills still producing so they can get stocked up from the shortage of last few years or are they cutting back so they can keep the prices up for next year.

Supply & Demand, but the former almost always lags the latter. Warm weather will not last forever. We will see a shortage at some point in the future, but when is the magic question,,, And all any of us can do is speculate and pontificate.

I buy my pellets 2 seasons in advance. I'm still burning pellets full time only because I bought them already. I typically replenish my 2 year supply in April but I will putting that on hold while oil is more economical.

Warm weather is not the only part of the picture as far as supply and demand. With oil prices the way they are right now it's just dumb to be buying pellets at the prices they are charging (unless it's your only heat source or you have electric heat w/National Grid).

Status
Not open for further replies.