No air getting to Advantage II burn grate

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kmelton

Dec 10, 2007
new mexico
I have an Advantage II pellet stove bought in 1995. I cannot get air to the burn chamber underneath the grate. I have completely cleaned the stove but when I turn on the air it does not reach the area underneath the burn grate so as a result I get a lazy flame that goes out after a short bit. The air is felt coming out of the left side of the stove right near the start of the door for the burn chamber (stove door). What do you think is going on and how can I correct this. Just started to happen this year. Thanks Kem

kem said:
I have an Advantage II pellet stove bought in 1995. I cannot get air to the burn chamber underneath the grate. I have completely cleaned the stove but when I turn on the air it does not reach the area underneath the burn grate so as a result I get a lazy flame that goes out after a short bit. The air is felt coming out of the left side of the stove right near the start of the door for the burn chamber (stove door). What do you think is going on and how can I correct this. Just started to happen this year. Thanks Kem

Think of your firebox as a vacuum chamber. The whole part of the stove that your fire burns in and everything BEFORE the combustion blower.

when the combustion blower is running is is Sucking air from the firebox area through your Burn pot.

If you have any kind of air leak in this area it will not suck air through the burn pot.
DOOR
Ash pan
Ash clean out traps.
Some of the advantage stoves has Slider Ash dumps on each side under each of the side bricks to dump the ash from behind the brick this is at the ash pan left and right side.
Make sure they are pushed all the way closed. they have a small 1/4 head sheet metal screw to hold them from sliding loosen them first then shut it.

I have seen this to be a problem when someone upgraded to the Ultra grate burn pot.

or if the Flue is dirty or blocked then it can not blow air out of the combustion blower and make the same kind of effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.