No feed motor light or auger feeding pellets.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Catrina

Mar 28, 2017
Az
Hey guys, do u think I need to buy a new feed motor for my Harman P35i ? Here r my issues.... All lights r coming on except feed motor light on panel. When I put feed on test distribution blower comes on but still no auger feeding pellets. I know there r a few differe things that can cause issues n just wanted to get some input on if I should just order the motor. Propane is getting expensive. Lol

Connect a 120V AC test light or better yet the leads of an AC multi-meter to the hot and neutral lines (white and black) feeding the auger motor.

-If you see 110 to 120 volts and the motor is not responding, you need a new motor.

-If low or no voltage is being sent, you have a problem "upstream" of the motor (eg control board).

Connect a 120V AC test light or better yet the leads of an AC multi-meter to the hot and neutral lines (white and black) feeding the auger motor.

-If you see 110 to 120 volts and the motor is not responding, you need a new motor.

-If low or no voltage is being sent, you have a problem "upstream" of the motor (eg control board).
Thank u, I will try this this afternoon.

I would think that light would go on when the board sends the signal for the auger, not when the auger is actually turning. However, I don't know that for a fact and I'm not an electrician so I could be wrong.

The auger stops feeding when ever low vacuum is sensed or no vacuum sensed for that matter, or the circuit cut by a safety switch. When that happens no electricity flows to the auger motor, and if you have an auger light , it would not light. And if you tested that circuit, you would have no juice. Anything from a stuffed up vent or stove, to open door can cause that, not to mention defective safety switches etc. My P61 wouldn't feed one time, well ya dummy me was checking all over the stove for why and the hopper lid was open the whole time LOL !

The usual first question to ask when someone has a stove shut down like this , is when was everything last cleaned, to include the full vent system ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lake Girl
The auger stops feeding when ever low vacuum is sensed or no vacuum sensed for that matter or the circuit cut by a safety switch. When that happens no electricity flows to the auger motor and if you have an auger light , it would not light. And if you tested that circuit, you would have no juice. Anything from a stuffed up vent or stove, to open door can cause that, not to mention defective safety switches etc. My P61 wouldn't feed one time, well ya dummy me was checking all over the stove for why and the hopper lid was open the whole time LOL !

The usual first question to ask when someone has a stove shut down like this , is when was everything last cleaned to include the full vent system ?

Duh, yep. I clean the stoves while in "Test" so the blower is taking away any airborn ash, but the auger doesn't go as long as I have one of the doors open. Don't know why I that didn't even cross my mind until you mentioned it ;em

Reactions: alternativeheat
Probably because you're human Bogieb ! It happens.

Reactions: bogieb
Since the insert will be pulled out, you could also try a direct wire to an outlet with a test cord. Electric cord that has the appropriate spade connectors to mate to the auger wires. If the auger is working, it is something else... Always unplug when working in the cabinet.

Beyond the full cleaning, last time door/ash pan/hopper gaskets where checked? (dollar bill test) Make sure hopper/door switches are contacting? Could try a temporary by-pass on the vacuum switch as long as the port is clear and the hose is intact.

Reactions: alternativeheat
The auger stops feeding when ever low vacuum is sensed or no vacuum sensed for that matter, or the circuit cut by a safety switch. When that happens no electricity flows to the auger motor, and if you have an auger light , it would not light. And if you tested that circuit, you would have no juice. Anything from a stuffed up vent or stove, to open door can cause that, not to mention defective safety switches etc. My P61 wouldn't feed one time, well ya dummy me was checking all over the stove for why and the hopper lid was open the whole time LOL !

The usual first question to ask when someone has a stove shut down like this , is when was everything last cleaned, to include the full vent system ?