No Spark

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Weatherinkc

Nov 5, 2014
Kansas City, Kansas
I have a Superior SLDVT-35ne when turning it on by remote or wall switch I hear a click (gas turning on) but no sparks to ignite the pilot light. I have removed the glass and ensured that the pilot and ignitor are both cleaned off and have even lit the pilot manually and the entire unit will work for days on end. Any ideas as to where I should begin troubleshooting this? Also, I did check the wiring and the S and I cords are not bent and are connected.

Thank you in advance and sorry if I missed a similar discussion like this.

Bryan

I don't know the system but I would check and see if you have voltage to the module. I would also check the spark wire. Sometimes you need to cut a bit off to make sure that it is making contact with the probe. May try that on both ends. Usually if the module is getting the required voltage and not making spark it is the module. With the gas off and with a pair of insulated pliers you can check for spark also. The distance to electrode may be off also.

Last edited:
I don't know the system but I would check and see if you have voltage to the module. I would also check the spark wire. Sometimes you need to cut a bit off to make sure that it is making contact with the probe. May try that on both ends. Usually if the module is getting the required voltage and not making spark it is the module. With the gas off and with a pair of insulated pliers you can check for spark also. The distance to electrode may be off also.

OK I will start here. Thanks for the information.

I think some spark units are powered by batteries I don't know your model but always good to check. But he other steps are always a good guideline for any spark module.