NO THANKS!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From my tree climbing days, after a while you focus at the task at hand, instead of how high you are. That keeps you safe. I wouldn't want to make that climb. You have no choice as to what you are tied into. Plus I always kept myself tied in before I left the ground. Throwball to set a line in the tree, and then a few clove hitches on your climbing line to the throw line and you pull your climbing line up and over a selected crotch back down to yourself and tie in. Free climbing was frowned upon by OSHA. I'm surprised they allow it on the towers. My buddy climbs the 300ft wind turbine towers, and they use an ascender that is hooked to a climbing laynard to their harness. That clips onto a cable which you slide along as you make your way up the ladder to the top of the tower. One of those hand holds snap off , a help wanted ad goes in the paper. :-/

Our barn is only 16 ft high and I couldn't reroof it. It got me squimish just watching the vidio.I'll stay on the ground also.

Status
Not open for further replies.