Non-electric fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
did a search " Dill" said he has one. Plus he says he has doorway fans Read some Amazon review said their brand was noisey customer reviews that is Dill what brand PLEASE ?
We have "room to room fans." Broan brand model 510 variable speed ,two now one more to install there. THEY are Fantastic well worth the price
Plus a better one here. presently using a cheapo found at a consignment shop Fed Ex just delivered it.
I guess Ill ask Hubby to install a sep off and on switch. Cause otherwise I have to climb up and stand on toliet lid on tiptoes to reach the off and on variable speed knob. It over a wall cabinet about 8 inches down from ceiling. LOL
just my humble opinions
Thanks all

Lets see we have one of the 3 bladed "Eco Fans" that sit on top of the stove. I don't think it moves much air. But I like to watch it, I use it as the temp gauge. But after 3 years its slowing down, now its barely turning at 375 when it used to be cranking. A couple of people on here have complained about them wearing out. And they are pricey, but it allows my wife to explain complicated engineering principles.
As for doorway fans we have 2 "Hi-tek systems Oak ridge" fans. They are really quiet and come with nice angle brackets. I swear they are just rebadged and caged comp fans. But they do the job. And then 1 round loud white plastic one, that I can't find a name on its been in the same place for 5 years and runs all of the heating season and really moves air. Ace hardware stores carry them.
Oh and the wife cleaned the fans this fall, man they get gross. Of course having a 120lb white dog that never stops shedding doesn't help much.
The fans do a decent job of moving air, the stove is at one end of the house and computer at the other, and it stays 60ish in this end.

We too wanted one of the Eco fans. However, it took less than 24 hours for us to also ship it right back. Looks like more of a conversation piece; certainly was not useful to us. However, if one were heating a 10 x 12 tent for hunting season, it might work okay.

My friend had an ecofan and if you get the stove top really hot you can burn them up quick and they dont move much air either IMHO.

Closing the thread, nothing new is being said, just old thoughts that were covered a few weeks ago. If there's new info, pm me and I'll open it back up again.

It should be noted that there is also the HeatWave fan which has a stirling engine driving it.

http://www.thermalengines.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.