Northeast Forest Products Equipment Expo

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Johnson

Mod Emeritus
Nov 18, 2005
Central NYS
We're taking the show back to the Champlain Valley Exposition in Essex Junction, VT next May. You can register to attend for free at the website starting January 1. In the meantime, I thought I'd provide a sneak peek to Hearth.com members (exclusively) of some scenes from the last time we held the show in Essex, back in 2006.

http://www.nefpexpo.net/photos.htm

There's actually quite a bit of smaller stuff--firewood processors, chain saws & accessories, portable sawmills, small woodlot management equipment--not shown in these photos. Maybe when I get a chance I'll add some pictures of that stuff.

I just put some pics of the smaller stuff up there. Maybe you'll feel better after checking it out. It's a big show--something for everyone.....

How does this show compare to Booneville? Will there be deals on saws, chains, oils?

It's like a fancier version of Boonville with less retail and bigger exhibits. Three big buildings full of indoor exhibits. Not as much retail, but you can still find anything you need at about the same prices as you'll find at any other show. I like to stock up on $10 chain loops and cases of oil.

Looks like fun "drooling" place, but not much for small time folks like me... Does look like someone might make a nice haul if they can wangle a deal to get all the leftover "demo" wood that looks like they must be cutting up - can you say BIG scrounge pile?

How would this place be for someone looking to score a bargain on a decent used saw and maybe a bit of other gear? Would there be a better show or other place to look for that sort of thing that would be closer to the Metro Boston MA area?

Gooserider

There are probably local forestry-oriented shows closer to you, Goose. I don't recall ever seeing used saws for sales at field days and events like that, but you can usually get accessories like chain and oil and bars pretty cheap at those kinds of shows. We have that stuff, too, but it's quite a drive it that's all you're looking for. I'd ask your local chainsaw dealer about it. Fryeburg (ME) Fair is probably closer for you. I know they have lumberjack competitions in eastern Mass. Check with your local DEP office for dates, or search online. There's a website devoted to lumberjack competitions around the Northeast.

The Vermont Expo website is up, including free registration. Normally registration opens January 1, but we're expecting a really big, sold-out show this year, and I thought it would be a good idea to start signing people up. So have at it, if you're so inclined.

http://nefpexpo.net

Probably the most informative part of the site for this group is the exhibitor listing and the Photos section. Everyone's welcome to come. Good excuse to visit beautiful Northern New England in the heart of the spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.