Metalmantma Posted By Metalmantma, Mar 11, 2019 at 9:37 AM

1. Metalmantma

Metalmantma
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Mar 6, 2019
    Loc:
    Vermont
    Has anyone out there heard of or seen a northern exposure woodstove? It looks like a grandpa bear, grandma bear or timberline double door stove? It's at least 40 yrs old.

2. EatenByLimestone

EatenByLimestone
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jul 12, 2006
    Loc:
    Schenectady, NY
    There are lots of old shops that were forced to close with EPA regulations. It might have been a local shop.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Metalmantma

Metalmantma
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Mar 6, 2019
    Loc:
    Vermont
  4. Jan Pijpelink

Jan Pijpelink
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 2, 2015
    Loc:
    Lindenwold, South Jersey
    No wonder I couldn't find it. It has a different name.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Metalmantma

Metalmantma
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Mar 6, 2019
    Loc:
    Vermont
    Sorry I had the name wrong, so Jan can you provide any info on that company? The woodstove I am asking about has been in my Aunts basement since the 80s.

6. Jan Pijpelink

Jan Pijpelink
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 2, 2015
    Loc:
    Lindenwold, South Jersey
  7. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Northern Exposure had me up in Alaska with that quirky, fun show. I changed the title to Northern Comfort.

Jan Pijpelink likes this.
  8. Metalmantma

Metalmantma
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Mar 6, 2019
    Loc:
    Vermont
    hahaha, northern exposure, I remember that show too, that's probably why I messed up the name of the stove, when I think alsaka I think cold and for i think stove. Anyway I am a fisher,all nighter and timberline lover and I just recently picked up a small single door timberline
    Screenshot_2019-04-19-20-34-11-1.png

9. Metalmantma

Metalmantma
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Mar 6, 2019
    Loc:
    Vermont
  10. bholler

bholler
    Chimney sweep 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Jan 14, 2014
    Loc:
    central pa
    Just another Fisher copy. It will be pretty much the same as a comfortable Fisher. Durable and able to crank out tons of BTUs but not efficient or clean burning at all

11. Metalmantma

Metalmantma
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Mar 6, 2019
    Loc:
    Vermont
    Yes it looks like a fisher door on a timberline body. Sides are wavy from over fire but will make a great deer camp All night burner. Beats the tiny very leaky boxwood woodstove we have up there, that one had to be filled every 2 to 3 hrs. No joke I haven't gotten much sleep during deer season because of that woodstove.

12. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Yes, almost anything is better and safer as long as the flue and clearance requirements are honored.