Northern Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bigjim13

Minister of Fire
Jan 5, 2009
Central Vermont
I will start by saying this, I have lived Northern hardwood pellets since we first installed our stove 8 years ago. When costs permitted I chose to burn these over any other pellet.

This year I bought 5 tons to get us through the winter-more than I usually burn but I was anticipating a cold winter.

I’m curious if anybody has had any issues with this years batch? By issues I should say that they still burn hot and create a decently low amount of ash. What I am seeing is that the ash forming in the burn-pot of my P61A is clumpy and hard, like it has all melted into one hard chunk. I’ve also found blue fibers in the ash this year-looks like plastic.

I’ll still burn them and buy them, but I’ve never seen any of these issues with Northerns it any other pellet for that matter.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk