Northerntool shipping speed?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay H

Nov 20, 2006
NJ
For those of you who ordered from Northerntool.com, I ordered 2 5' peavys from them on tuesday and right now, my order still comes up as "pending"... Is this normal, just wondering on your experience before I contact them...

Jay

They're not renowned for speed. Especially when something is backordered and they don't tell you, which seems to be a chronic problem for firewood- and saw-related goods.

Makes you think you should have ordered 'em from Bailey's, eh? Yeah, I know, a shameless plug. But they've been perfect and prompt performers, even shipping in two shipments (for no extra charge) when one item was backordered or where items were coming from multiple warehouses.

Called them up, their phone service system says it has been shipped.. but their website order status says "pending".. perhaps a slow website update thing..

Actually, it makes me wish I started looking at this stuff earlier rather than waiting til I got this mound up wood in my driveway waiting to but bucked and split. :)

Jay

Jay H said:
For those of you who ordered from Northerntool.com, I ordered 2 5' peavys from them on tuesday and right now, my order still comes up as "pending"... Is this normal, just wondering on your experience before I contact them...

Jay

I ordered a log jack on Good Friday last week and received it today before noon.

Ordered some splitter parts and had them in 3 days. :)

My two peavys shipped from NC on the 12th, in separate shipments but they are due to arrive on the 16th during that noreaster that is headed my way.. I will start the wood cutting sometime nextweek then..

Jay

Jay H said:

Jay
Let us know when your new tools arrive.

The few things I've ordered from Northern have generally arrived in about the time I would have expected for UPS shipping - no problems. The exception were items that were backordered, and then they kept reasonably good communications on when the parts were expected, and (Unlike HF that arbitrarily cancels small items on you) they shipped me everything I ordered.

Northern seems a bit more expensive than some for freight, but aren't outrageous, and IMHO gives acceptable service on shipping in most cases.

Gooserider

Oh, the tools arrived as promised, Monday, April 16th during the big nor'easter. I was actually expecting it to be delayed a day because of all the roads near me closed due to the flooding but alas, two long boxes showed up at my doorstep on Monday...

Apparently, the final verdict is that the order was shipped 2 days after I placed it, but the website was a little slow in updating it.

Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.