Northland Boiler Co. - East Haddam, CT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eluu

Oct 22, 2012
Land of Oz, CT
Hello All,
New poster here, although have been lurking for some time. Also, I've burned wood for some 5 years now ... all with relatively old pre-epa stoves. This past winter in a new home was with a Consolidated Dutchwest Federal Airtight 288. The new home is about a 2400 sq ft ranch, so the stove worked great in the main living area, but bedroom and back hall areas remained cold.
With an 8 zone hydronic oil fired heating system in place, I'm considering an indoor wood boiler. The beauty of this house is I can back my truck or ATV into the lower level, so no dealing with hatchways or stairs for fuel delivery :).
I've come across an old used wood-fired Northland Boiler for sale in the area, not sure of the model except it is not a duel fuel boiler. I have yet to look at it other than a fuzzy pic. Don 't know much about this manufacturer, and there appears to be little info on the web. All opinions and/or experiences with this boiler would be greatly appreciated.

Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.