Northstar CS550

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sheepdog13

Jan 7, 2023
Illinois
Hello, recently purchased a used Northstar CS550 and moved on from a conventional woodburner. Everything appears to operate as it should, the only issue I am having is getting the corn ignited. It seems to ignite slightly and smolder out. The corn is below 14% moisture and appears to be dry. When the stove room blower gets to temp and runs the fire pot just appears to fill with corn and never fully burn. Upon inspection, I have only noticed the damper in the fresh air intake seems to need more air pressure to be pulled open. Anyone have any experience with these stoves? Thanks.

Access to the corn for me is cheap and I was hoping to be able to set it and go. I already have downloaded the manual and searched. Thank you though.