Norwalk Power - Where did all the Husky models go?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

n1st

Jun 3, 2007
Enfield, CT
...don't tell me they can't sell them on line anymore :+( ?

I read that Bailey's had to end online sales in December....maybe all Husky dealers were forced to quit it?

They no longer have most saw model pricing listed.

I predict Dolmar, Echo and Shindaiwa will see a serious boost in sales. I believe it to be a mistake for Husky to do what they are doing.

I forget what the Husky rep said exactly about this when I talked to him last, but it was basically that Husky wanted to be dealer/service oriented henceforth and not big box store/internet oriented. Supposedly, it was to ensure their products had good support from a local dealer. I have no idea how this will work for them, but I think TMonter is correct about a sales boost for the other brands.

Backpack09 said:
Dont know how much truth there is to the no online or box store sellers story, as Sears is still selling the entry level 142 online and in store. http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07135267000P?

The original memo to dealers that was sent out last fall indicated that the homeowner models could still be sold online. This applied to string trimmers, too.

The principle behind this is good - it has worked well for Stihl. The only problem is that Stihl has been this way for a long time, and Husqvarna's decision is recent AND comes along with an eviscerated dealer network and a consuming public that is used to near-wholsale prices. Dolmar has done this, too, sadly. Same with Shindaiwa and RedMax. Solo and Makita are still OK for online sales, as is Echo (phone orders)

Given the number of crappy dealers out there, I'm not sure that the dealer-only deal is actually a net gain for the consumer. With good or great dealers, it definitely is, but they are few and far between. The idea that propping up ALL dealers will make the crappy ones better is, well, a fantasy.

Does this link still work?

http://www.vedha-automations.com/vedha_a/productsHusqChainsaw.htm

This is where I bought my 350. It looks like the page is still there, and it lets me complete all the ordering steps - up to actually paying for the saw. I can't see any pics, but it's not uncommon for the corporate firewall to block some.

Sure seems strange that a company would take such a step backwards as to 'quit' selling mail order. I got a great deal on the saw, plus free chain and shipping.

The original post was about the missing Husky's? Just because you cannot sell them anymore through the web, does that automatically mean you cannot show them on your website anymore? I personally liked the comparison tools they had on Norwalk.

I would have put a reference to the phone number on the website and that is it.

Carpniels

PS. I agree with CU's assessment. Few dealers and not all of them know what they are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.