Not enough air movement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

SJgeo

Jan 31, 2022
Orondo, WA
I have a fireplace extraordinaire 44 elite which says it will heat roughly 3000 ft.². I’m very happy with the performance but wish that I had the option of turning the fan speed up by about 50% when I’ve got a nice fire going. It is 388 CFM but runs very quiet and I feel I could easily use 500 to 600 CFM when burning a hot fire. How can I change out the fan box for one with greater capacity?

Reactions: sluggo65
I have the 36 elite and I have the same question. Did you by chance get an answer? I don’t see any answers posted. I’m new here so maybe I’m missing something

It's actually odd to see an unanswered post on this forum, so I'm guessing this is just not a model owned by many members. In any case, a small desk fan placed on the floor in the coldest corner of the space and blowing toward the stove is usually the best way to create an air current that will distribute heat throughout the space. It's much easier to move the cold air toward the stove, displacing the warm, than to try to directly move the warm air along the ceilings.