Not enough Hearthstone's on here

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
no it looks the same. that handle you are suppose to hook around the bolt that is broken off and push the handle down to close and latch the ash door. DON'T use it like that or you will melt the inside right out of it

Right now I shove a heavy stone flower pot against the ash door to keep it sealed. It holds it nice and tight. I would prefer to fix it properly. But getting information on it's measurements/material or even finding pictures of the thing has been impossible.

So does yours use the same mechanism for latching the ash door?

Once I know what kind of bolt it's supposed I could either try drilling and tapping the hole (or get one of those threaded inserts they use on engine blocks). Or use some high heat epoxy (I would check the temps first and make sure it's within the epoxys range).

yes mine does use the same bolt but unfortunately i don't know what size it is, and it's bent. so will probably need one sooner than later

just looked on the woodmans parts plus web site they don't list it. you could try calling them by phone they might get the screw for you. they are very nice and helpful. they are the people that put me on to the wood tech at hearthstone in vermont and had a nice long conversation with jim casavant he said he helped design the stove. hope he still works there

by the way does anyone here own a gas start up alginon h2 ??????????? sounds like a great idea.

just looked on the woodmans parts plus web site they don't list it. you could try calling them by phone they might get the screw for you. they are very nice and helpful. they are the people that put me on to the wood tech at hearthstone in vermont and had a nice long conversation with jim casavant he said he helped design the stove. hope he still works there
Thanks for the info I'll try contacting woodmans. I tried eMailing a few places and the best I got was "hearthstone has discontinued this part"

Would you be willing to upload a photo of your ash door?

Thanks for the info I'll try contacting woodmans. I tried eMailing a few places and the best I got was "hearthstone has discontinued this part"

Would you be willing to upload a photo of your ash door?
yes i'll do it saturday or sunday. i got a busy weekend