Not really liking SureFire pellets...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lake Girl

Nov 12, 2011
NW Ontario
Bought some SureFire pellets last year before our order of LaCretes came in. Using them up now to get rid of them and finding they are leaving a significant amount of brown fly ash residue on the door window. Thought it might be from the stove needing a cleaning but did that yesterday and still finding that brown residue. Only about 4 bags left but can't wait to move past these to the Okanagan or Spruce Pointes.

Around here I've found them to be an ok pellet but not in the class of the Okie's or Pointe. In fairness, they aren't the cost of either of the latter brands either . I will use them but I would not want tons of them around, they have produced decent heat for me ( based on last years supply, I have yet to see any this year).

FWIW, Themaglo has been browning up my glass at about 5-6 bags as well, I've resigned that I just have to clean it more often. In the end nothing has burned as clean as Oakie DF or AWF Pure White Pine for me anyway, so I expect to have to clean the glass more often when I don't have those brands and or class of pellets.. Even LaCrete and Spruce Pointe to me are one notch down from those brands, though one up from Pure Fire.

Didn't notice the change in residue until my son handled pellet duties the other day ... I've been mixing the SureFire with the Spruce Pointes 50/50. He just screened the SureFire to get the fines out... Back to the 50/50 blend so not so bad;lol

Reactions: alternativeheat
Status
Not open for further replies.