Not Staying Logged In in New Forum

MarkF48

Burning Hunk
Nov 14, 2011
Central MA
Since the change of the forum I have to log in everytime I come here. I do have the 'Stay Logged In' block ticked. My browser (FireFox) does have the login info stored and it will enter it, so it's fairly easy, but the stay logged in should work so I don't have to do this each time.

Ashful

Minister of Fire
Mar 7, 2012
Philadelphia
You likely have enabled a Private browsing mode, or have otherwise disabled cookie behavior in your browser settings.

Reactions: sloeffle

MTY

Jan 9, 2019
Idaho
For almost three weeks now I have been getting "the page cannot be displayed" . Not being a patient man, I just try another day. Today I copied the make sure yada yada yada is correct and pasted it, and lo and behold here I am.

webfish

Hearth.com LLC
Staff member
Oct 18, 2013
Minnesota
Since the change of the forum I have to log in everytime I come here. I do have the 'Stay Logged In' block ticked. My browser (FireFox) does have the login info stored and it will enter it, so it's fairly easy, but the stay logged in should work so I don't have to do this each time.
Try clearing cache and cookies and be sure you use a new bookmark not an old one.

MarkF48

Burning Hunk
Nov 14, 2011
Central MA
Try clearing cache and cookies and be sure you use a new bookmark not an old one.

Did that yesterday afternoon and all seems well this morning. Evidently there were previous cookies from the older version forum stored that hosed up remembering the login.

Thanks...........

Jan Pijpelink

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2015
South Jersey
When I am on my Dell laptop in hearth.com/talk, I cannot open the alerts. On my Mac, I do not have that problem.

webfish

Hearth.com LLC
Staff member
Oct 18, 2013
Minnesota
When I am on my Dell laptop in hearth.com/talk, I cannot open the alerts. On my Mac, I do not have that problem.
They are not there or dont open? Do you get error? What browser?

Jan Pijpelink

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2015
South Jersey
They are not there or dont open? Do you get error? What browser?
They don't open. Firefox. I use FF on both machines. Apple works, Dell doesn't.

Jan Pijpelink

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2015
South Jersey

Jan Pijpelink

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2015
South Jersey

sloeffle

Minister of Fire
Mar 1, 2012
Central Ohio
Done that, nothing. With Google Chrome same issue.
Interesting.

I use Chrome on a Windows PC and it works fine. At home I use Chromium ( open source version of Chrome ) on a Linux PC and it works fine too. I gave up on FF when they started releasing updates every other day it seemed like.

Reactions: AlbergSteve

Jan Pijpelink

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2015
South Jersey
Interesting.

I use Chrome on a Windows PC and it works fine. At home I use Chromium ( open source version of Chrome ) on a Linux PC and it works fine too. I gave up on FF when they started releasing updates every other day it seemed like.
Tried on Chrome, still same issues. The Dell is brand new.