Not sure what to do with these parts?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziprich

Sep 19, 2011
Western Md (Hagerstown)
Hello everybody, my brother is fixing up and old Franklin wood stove and we cant figure out what these parts are supposed to do. Any info on them would be great. Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• rc 231.jpg
    rc 231.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 341
  • rc 234.jpg
    rc 234.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 338
Well......... I hate to say it but I sure hope your brother is not planning on burning that in a house. It would be best to have him check with his insurance company and/or local codes to see if either of them would even allow this to be installed.

I'm not knocking the stove or being a prude or anything but that is considered an old 'smoke dragon' - lots of these stove are either in the dump or, if even being used, are now regulated as an outdoor fireplace. It is not a 'safe' stove by any means.

Shari said:
Well......... I hate to say it but I sure hope your brother is not planning on burning that in a house. It would be best to have him check with his insurance company and/or local codes to see if either of them would even allow this to be installed.

I'm not knocking the stove or being a prude or anything but that is considered an old 'smoke dragon' - lots of these stove are either in the dump or, if even being used, are now regulated as an outdoor fireplace. It is not a 'safe' stove by any means.

Just because a stove is an old "smoke dragon" does not necessarily mean it is not safe. That is just a ridiculous comment.

OK. Because it is an old Franklin is isn't safe. That comes from a guy that burned in one for six years. The things are scary air leaking over heating beasts.

BrotherBart said:
OK. Because it is an old Franklin is isn't safe. That comes from a guy that burned in one for six years. The things are scary air leaking over heating beasts.

BB- now THAT response I can agree with......sorry, have a soft spot for the oldies...

BrotherBart said:

...and that's what I meant. Sorry if my choice of words was not clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.