Now , Would you buy your PELLETS from the same place you bought them ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

muss

Feeling the Heat
Feb 26, 2008
Embden, Maine
tds
Well, would ya ? I know i wouldn't . I bought mine from Springbrook Oil in Waterville ,Me. A lot of you folks know about Maine Wood Pellets . I had to deal direct with Mr Carr in Athens cause Springbrook told me "TOO BAD' . Yep, that's what the fella said to me. Muss

whatcha mean Muss?

buy the pellets from the same place you buy them??

bought all my pellets from MWP direct from the mill(only 11 miles from my house) , and i would and will definately use their product again next year.

matter of fact, may go and see them 'bout a job...just got layed off again today,only been back to work for 2 wks.

mike

I usually buy from Pelletsales.com and I highly recommend them
but, I had 2 tons left over from this season due to oil prices dropping
dramatically so I burned oil instead since it was far cheaper.
The pellets keep well in my unheated garage so figured I'd save
them for the 2009/2010 burn.

So, only needing one ton I bought from a pellet dealer
down the street and my friend took me to get them in her truck this
morning and she also helped stack them in my garage officially deeming
me pretty much set for next season.

Again, I think Pelletsales.com is a first rate operation and highly
recommend and will buy from the again.

What i meant was, would you buy them again from the same pellet dealer you bought from, not talkin' bout quality of pellets more like "quality" of your pellet dealer . Sorry if i messed anyone on the question. Maine Pellets - Mr. Carr was a pure pleasure to deal with . Came up & swopped 'em even though i bought them from Springbrook Oil who told me TOO BAD . As far as pellet qualities, well, that's gonna be for another post . Muss

Muss,

Some of have had bad pellet dealers as well as bad pellet stove dealers. I guess will always get that.

Please post the findings about the Maine pellets you had replace. I have a chance to get some for an almost acceptable price. But need to hear the good or evil before I would even think about it. They would be a prebuy with no chance to test burn. I am sure the dealer I am using would replace them if they were utter junk! But would like to avoid any issue's.

Oh, Yes I would buy from my dealer. Just an all around nice guy, But I always get some else where. Just like to spread the wealth and It's always good to have a back up. I bought my pellets from a Lumber yard years ago. Called to order my pellets on day and He just decided to not carry them anymore. I had to scurry around to get some. I just can't be sure it wont happen again. Gotta keep your options open. just my 2 on it!

Thanks
jay

I bought Hamer's Hot Ones from these guys last year...

http://www.woodpelletsexperts.com/pricing.html

I was thrilled with the service and the pellet quality was excellent. Unfortunately with the current pricing in New England I think this year I may burn oil. Last year I ended up buying pellets in June for $245 + del and I was planning on paying significantly less than that this year by buying really early.

Pellets over $300 now ? No thanks, call me if they get to $200 >:-(

I bought from pelletsales last year and was very pleased with them but this year I decided to
buy locally instead. Pelletsales per ton costs are somewhat decent but with delivery included,
the end cost for me was much more than I was willing to spend.
If they have the best prices next year, I would return to them tho.

I only need 3 ton for next year as I will have close to a ton left over by the end of this season.
I got 1 ton of pellets through a barter deal, and then bought 2 more ton from a small shop
that is expecting to close his doors before year end.

I do not get my pellets from the dealer that sold me the stove as his pellet prices
are always one of the highest around.

muss said:
What i meant was, would you buy them again from the same pellet dealer you bought from, not talkin' bout quality of pellets more like "quality" of your pellet dealer . Sorry if i messed anyone on the question. Maine Pellets - Mr. Carr was a pure pleasure to deal with . Came up & swopped 'em even though i bought them from Springbrook Oil who told me TOO BAD . As far as pellet qualities, well, that's gonna be for another post . Muss

If you are asking whther or not you should deal with the guy you bought pellets from last year...i would humbly say...too bad back at him...
Fool me once....well you know...
I was able to work out the MWP problem with my dealer....will do buisness with him again this year.
Is this what you seek?

Status
Not open for further replies.