Oak for only $623.24 a cord....you pick up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno77

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2008
Hamilton, IL
HOLY CRAP. You know, i always said that if I win the lottery I'd tell off all the jerks I never liked and travel the world. Well, from the looks of this, i'm freaking rich and I didn't even know it.

Screw all you losers, I'm hopping on a jet just as soon as I sell the wood I cut in the timber a couple of weeks ago.

Looks like a commercial venture disguised as a one time deal to me.

have you've seen those .75 cf of shrink wrapped splits sold at stop and shop 6 peices for $6.00 - keeps me motivated

I'll bet they still sell it at that price. I've been thinking of selling small amounts with a holder at my mother's condo complex. I figure that people might pay a lot for the convenience. I would deliver and stack too. I've never shopped for the racks so I don't know what I'd have to charge for the whole deal. The first sale would be the rack and the wood. I could refill throughout the season. Wonder if I could make any money?

Flatbedford said:
I'll bet they still sell it at that price. I've been thinking of selling small amounts with a holder at my mother's condo complex. I figure that people might pay a lot for the convenience. I would deliver and stack too. I've never shopped for the racks so I don't know what I'd have to charge for the whole deal. The first sale would be the rack and the wood. I could refill throughout the season. Wonder if I could make any money?

Nice idea - I could do the same at the townhouses I used to rent at. But, infrequent burners, maybe renters with no idea when chimney was last swept, etc. It would worry me that they would come after me when the chimney catches fire. Of course no (sane) leg to stand on, but still hassle and legal costs. I would want some protection....

I like the request for "small bills". Maybe it's a front for a money laundering operation. "Drugs were too risky...so we went with seaoned hardwoods. We're saving a ton of money on plastic bags....we just had to buy a moisture meter."

I couldn't help myself. I had to reply to the post.

"$120.- for 1/6 or a cord of wood, that I have to pick up myself... Would you like me to clean your toilets and shine your shoes while I'm there?"

The add should read free wood or I will pay you $50 to come pick it up...

Skier76 said:
I like the request for "small bills". Maybe it's a front for a money laundering operation. "Drugs were too risky...so we went with seaoned hardwoods. We're saving a ton of money on plastic bags....we just had to buy a moisture meter."
Don't show up with crisp new bills sequentially numbered. They might think you're a Fed and bury you out back.

I'll pay poooooooooooook ghettoonthewhat'smynamethis week to be "the buyer". :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.