Oak is Up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Stacked the Oak this morning before we took in the local college football game, just have some chunks of Oak left.

Went to the local college football game, the streaker turned out to be the most exciting part.

zap

Attachments

• 100_6214-001.JPG
    100_6214-001.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 164
  • 100_6215-001.JPG
    100_6215-001.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 174
  • 100_6216-001.JPG
    100_6216-001.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 161
  • 100_6229.JPG
    100_6229.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 158
Nice you got that oak stacked. Ha ha, I read your post and before I saw the picture I thought it was a streaker running past your stacks! Nice pics (although that last one could have been better had it been a woman) :oops:

You still working in the forest tomorrow?
For me, just spent most the afternoon winterizing my boat, and will finish it up tomorrow. Got a call about someone wanting me to remove bucked mulberry, so we'll see. Be well zap

Reactions: zap
Nice you got that oak stacked. Ha ha, I read your post and before I saw the picture I thought it was a streaker running past your stacks! Nice pics (although that last one could have been better had it been a woman) :oops:

You still working in the forest tomorrow?
For me, just spent most the afternoon winterizing my boat, and will finish it up tomorrow. Got a call about someone wanting me to remove bucked mulberry, so we'll see. Be well zap
I would like two loads of Ironwood tomorrow, once I get that it's back to stacking again.

zap

I hope its warmer today where you are zap than it was here yesterday......;lol

Nice looking stack of Oak you got there.

I hope its warmer today where you are zap than it was here yesterday......;lol

Nice looking stack of Oak you got there.
It started out nice (t-shirt weather) it cooled off with a stiff breeze when we watched the local college football game, after the game we went out to eat an when we came out the sun was out, north country weather.
zap

Nice haul Zap. Nice pile of knarlywood too. Tough to stack, but burn better (IMO)

Reactions: albert1029
Nice haul Zap. Nice pile of knarlywood too. Tough to stack, but burn better (IMO)
I'll most likely will put them on top of some other stacks.

zap

More than just junks of oak today, eh zap?
Got an oak (most of it) bucked and split a few days ago, took pics, but forgot to save on the phone cam. DOH!
Maple too.

More than just junks of oak today, eh zap?
Got an oak (most of it) bucked and split a few days ago, took pics, but forgot to save on the phone cam. DOH!
Maple too.
Thanks for the JUNKS of Oak, edit is complete.

zap

Nice btus there ZAP. Good work. The weather has been nice lately. I was through your town a couple of times last week on my way up to Cranberry. I hope the next time I go through they have that new bridge open at the curves. I am surprised at the temporary road they put in. When it comes off the one side it is steep and narrow. I can't believe the tractor trailers and people with big trailers are using it! Looks like someone could go off the side. Hopefully they will have it done before the bad weather hits. Keep up that good work. But make sure you have a tall, cold one every now and then. Gotta relax too. ;)

It'll dry good with all the space between splits.
I say that every time I get a twisted gnarly, good for loose stacking ;)
Real bad ones go the the fire pit wood pile :)

Nice btus there ZAP. Good work. The weather has been nice lately. I was through your town a couple of times last week on my way up to Cranberry. I hope the next time I go through they have that new bridge open at the curves. I am surprised at the temporary road they put in. When it comes off the one side it is steep and narrow. I can't believe the tractor trailers and people with big trailers are using it! Looks like someone could go off the side. Hopefully they will have it done before the bad weather hits. Keep up that good work. But make sure you have a tall, cold one every now and then. Gotta relax too. ;)
Yea the state really screwed it up, I heard over at the local store the bridge should be upen before winter.
zap

Real nice stack of oak. Two years from now on a bitter cold night you will be glad you have it The wood I have stacked and drying for next year is mostly oak with some locust and ash mixed it. Still working on cutting for this year but just about done. In fact was cutting yesterday and got half a load of oak and and a half a load of locust. Trying to get as much as I can because I have a feeling this is going to be a he** of a winter, in fact I have to splits of year old oak in the stove now and its 87 degrees in here. Who says oak has to dry for two years?

LOL, Zap always has his camera at the ready, I couldnt tell if it was a male or female.

zap, that is a beautiful addition to your wood stacks.

LOL, Zap always has his camera at the ready, I couldnt tell if it was a male or female.
I gave the kid a break (male) I waited over 100 hundred yards before I snapped a pic, I'm guessing a keg was the cause of this.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.