OAK, outside temperature, flame, heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ghandy131

Oct 14, 2011
Central MA
I'm not certain but it appears that the outside temperature has an inverse affect on my stove's heat output at the stove port. The flame also appears to be less vigorous. I'm half way through my second pallet of FSU and when the temp took a fairly drastic slide over the past two days, the stove appears to be burning less efficiently. I keep it clean and nothing really changed except the outside temp. Is it possible this is cause and effect or should I look elsewhere?

my first year with an OAK, and I haven't noticed anything different in the past few days.

I haven't noticed any difference with mine. It supplies combustion air and if anything, cold air is more dense. My guess is either the stove is a bit dirty somewhere or you got a bum bag of pellets. As an experiment, you could always disconnect it from the wall, plug the wall hole and see if there's a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.