There have been quite a few fires from wood burning around me lately. A few have been chimney fires (mostly contained to the chimney thankfully) and another where something caught fire near a wood stove. The local fire guy was quoted in a couple articles in the local paper that I thought were a little off. First he said that everyone should make certain that they have triple-wall pipe on all of their stoves. Another was that he said "some types" of wood cause creosote and folks shouldn't burn it, but they didn't mention what those were (anyone care to guess?). Thankfully, he did say that any wood should be split and stacked for at least a year before burning. Anyhoo, it got me wondering if only the folks at hearth.com had accurate, informed, and safe information regarding burning wood for heat.