Odd Discovery...Kodiak vs Osburn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustin

Minister of Fire
Sep 3, 2008
Western Oregon
I have a newer, 1989 Osburn Insert upstairs with a glass door. I have an OLD Kodiak insert, cast iron doors, monster insert downstairs.

Burning the same wood, the same way, I'm getting LESS smoke and faster start up times with the Kodiak downstairs. Even when a choke it down after getting the wood good and going, still less smoke then the newer insert upstairs...

Just thought I would share this strage, info.

The one in the basement would be the one with the taller chimney and drafts like a vacuum cleaner, right?

The "newer" 1989 insert is not epa certified either so would not necessarily perform better.

bluefrier said:
The "newer" 1989 insert is not epa certified either so would not necessarily perform better.

EPA Phase One regs went into effect in 1988.

BrotherBart said:
bluefrier said:

EPA Phase One regs went into effect in 1988.
ok boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.