Oh boy, here we go again - MS441

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NH_Wood

Minister of Fire
Dec 24, 2009
southern NH
Hi guys - I'm leaving in about 3 hours to check out a used (3 year old) MS441 - supposedly runs great - plastics look good. I guess there is a small crack in the bottom of the bar cover (I thought the cover was metal in these saws - not sure if that means a big drop) + very top of chain brake handle is broken, but still works. I'll look at all the major stuff - pull the muffler, check compression, test the crank bearing on clutch side, check for proper oiling, etc., etc. Any issues I should be aware of - this is kind of last minute - just saw the ad and thought I'd better run to check it out. He's listing at $375 - hoping to offer $300 and settle at $325 - sound fair? Thanks!

Ha!! What do you think about the saw Mike? Think I can make a little money on it? I'm trying to flip some saws to finally buy a new 362 - hoping with some clean-up, I might be able to get ~$450 on eBay - which would e pretty good if he'll take $325 (assuming the saw is in good condition). I"m leaving in about 30 min - I think I'll beat you there! ==c Cheers!

And the race is on here comes NH Wood in the lead Mike right behind him and Pallet Pete coming from behind at 190 MPH....:p

Get it while you can thats a $600 saw :eek:

Pete

Just returned - no deal - saw pretty beat - lots of cracks and holes - definitely run hard - didn't even make an offer. Not a big deal - 30 min drive, so worth looking - at least I beat Mike for the first look! :) Win some, lose some! Cheers!

It does seem hard to find a good deal on the bigger pro saws. Either they are beat or they are garage queens that the owner wants close to retail for. Probably smart to pass. The cost of replacement covers adds up fast if your looking to resell.

You got it Mike - the plastics make a huge difference on retail - no cracks/holes can be cleaned up pretty well, but major cosmetic issues send the price WAY down - even if the engine is fine. Oh well, all for fun! Cheers!

P.S. What do you think about the 036 in Wilton NH on CL???

325 for a 441 is a pretty good, musta been whooped! I found one that was hardly used and paid 600. If you have not run one and have your heart set on 362 you may change after running the 441. The 441 is only 1,3lbs heavier and from what I read on the AS it is MUCH more saw.

It was definitely ran hard and put away wet Plays With fire - no money in it from my end - was buying to flip and get a little more cash toward a new saw. I'd have NO problem with a new 441 - just getting more and more pricey - wife will finally say NO! if I keep upping the ante. Cheers!

Best thing to do is save for what you want....Use that energy at work! ;)

Reactions: Thistle
You got it Smokin! Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.