Oh crap ash on the rug.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maineiac

Nov 10, 2006
Scarborough, ME
Any ideas on cleaning ash from a rug? I just cleaned my stove, laid down a sheet around it and still got ash from the stove onto the rug and it got ground in. The wife is gonna freak!

Where did it spill from? Was it hot right from the stove, or just ground in ash into the carpet? If it was cold ashes, then almost any carpet cleaner should be able to take it out - if they were hot, and actually burned the carpet, then there's really no quick fix for it.

Wazzalldafussabout? Is this black ash on a white carpet? Vacuum well, then scrub out with a decent carpet cleaner. If that doesn't work, get a razor and cut out a patch from under a never moved piece of furniture that is a little bigger. Cut the exact sized piece out of the damaged area and glue it in. Be sure to match the nap. And then put the soiled patch under the furniture.

Whatever, have a glass of wine waiting and low candlelight burning and tell her you're in a romantic mood. Hopefully she'll never notice. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.