OK, up to 7 full cords and a face cord...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

burntime

Aug 18, 2006
C'mon hunting season!
And I need to set out more pallets to stack! I will be around 9-10 in a month or so if I keep splitting! Nice to get ahead for a change!

Shrinkage is coming!lol I can see my piles getting smaller day by day. Congrats on the 7 cords thats alot of work.

You're doing good just working in this heat. I put my chain saw away for awhile.

Without pics it's only hearsay.

LLigetfa said:
Without pics it's only hearsay.

I will snap a pic tonight. Its waaaayyyyyyyyy too much work to be hearsay :lol:

That's nice burntime. You no doubt know now one of the reasons we try to get done by May 1 if possible. It is much more comfortable working conditions then.

I actually have been burning wood for 25 years from 14 on up. Just with 2 small kids I get at it when I can find the time... Heres the pic I promised. Each pile is 5.5 ft or better and 16 ft long. In case the pic is not resized well, there are rows on pallets... Saddly I have yet to aquire the journeyman skills of the expert wood stacker!!! :p

Attachments

• 6-20 pile small.jpg
    6-20 pile small.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 641
burntime said:
Saddly I have yet to aquire the journeyman skills of the expert wood stacker!!! :p
What part of Wisconsin are you in? I'm just two hours away from Duluth/Superior. I could give you some free tutelage in the art of stacking. %-P

Backwoods Savage might be closer to you and stacks a pretty nice pile too (or maybe his wife does). Highbeam might edge him out but he's further away.

I am actually in a suburb of Milwaukee...the next county west in Waukesha. Any help is appreciated. Maybe you guys could all show up in about 30 days when I have another 2-3 cords to stack :)

burntime said:
Maybe you guys could all show up in about 30 days when I have another 2-3 cords to stack :)
LOL

Actually, I was thinking you could come here. I've got ten cord that needs to get stacked in the shed. I'll supply the beer.

Leinenkugels may interest me :) Saddly I try but I lack the true expertise of over indulgence of beer drinking as well. Not to say I don't try from time to time :)

burntime said:
I lack the true expertise of over indulgence of beer drinking as well...
Back when I was a teen (I looked older and never got carded in bars), drinking beer with some friends in Duluth, they got to bragging how they can drink a whole case. Now, American beer has less alcohol and their case is just a 12 pack. Canadian beer is stronger and comes 24 to the case. Anyway, I challenged them to come to Canada and I'd show them what real beer drinking was. We packed into their Volvo and drove to Thunder Bay where I drank them all under the table.

Since I was the only one that wasn't passed out, I stuffed them back into their car and proceeded to drive them back to Duluth. When I got the the US border, they refused to let me cross (I was obviously drunk) so I turned around to head back to Canada but the Canadian border guard wouldn't let me take them and their car into Canada. I had to drag the car owner out of the back seat and slap him around to wake up and we parted company. I had to curl up in the ditch to sleep until daylight and then thumb a ride home.

My personal best is snapping a rear axle and havine the wheel pass us up on the way home from the bar, proceeding to try and drive a bulldozer home and getting it stuck, then hitching a ride home and getting dropped off by a bunch of strippers. Ahhh, thoses were the days! :) Ok, well its all true except the strippers part, but the concept works after reading LLigetfa's story :lol:

burntime said:
Leinenkugels may interest me :) Saddly I try but I lack the true expertise of over indulgence of beer drinking as well. Not to say I don't try from time to time :)

Leinenkugels has some great beer. I live about 3 miles away from the brewery and have toured it many times. They also have a welcome center where they serve you a couple free samples.

LLigetfa said:
burntime said:
I lack the true expertise of over indulgence of beer drinking as well...
Back when I was a teen (I looked older and never got carded in bars), drinking beer with some friends in Duluth, they got to bragging how they can drink a whole case. Now, American beer has less alcohol and their case is just a 12 pack. Canadian beer is stronger and comes 24 to the case. Anyway, I challenged them to come to Canada and I'd show them what real beer drinking was. We packed into their Volvo and drove to Thunder Bay where I drank them all under the table.

Since I was the only one that wasn't passed out, I stuffed them back into their car and proceeded to drive them back to Duluth. When I got the the US border, they refused to let me cross (I was obviously drunk) so I turned around to head back to Canada but the Canadian border guard wouldn't let me take them and their car into Canada. I had to drag the car owner out of the back seat and slap him around to wake up and we parted company. I had to curl up in the ditch to sleep until daylight and then thumb a ride home.

I've had similar situations with people drinking my home brew. I had one work mate over to show him how to brew mead who also has a reputation as a big drinker, and after 2 hours of mead drinking he was passed out in my back yard.

I hear mead is potent. Never tried it. If I want a real kick I switch to knob creek burbon. Smooooooth!!!

burntime said:
I hear mead is potent. Never tried it. If I want a real kick I switch to knob creek burbon. Smooooooth!!!

Let me know if your ever up this way and I'll turn you on to some mead and take you on a tour of the brewery.

Sounds good! I am always up for good beer! :)

burntime said:
Sounds good! I am always up for good beer! :)

Well heck, ya got Mader's right down town. And I KNOW they got good beer.

Mader's, you will go broke before you get plastered. Always enjoy having dinner there though on occasion

LLigetfa said:
burntime said:
Saddly I have yet to aquire the journeyman skills of the expert wood stacker!!! :p
What part of Wisconsin are you in? I'm just two hours away from Duluth/Superior. I could give you some free tutelage in the art of stacking. %-P

Backwoods Savage might be closer to you and stacks a pretty nice pile too (or maybe his wife does). Highbeam might edge him out but he's further away.

Okay LLigetfa, my wife saw this post and said I had to answer it. She says there is no way in **!# she is going to stack all that wood or any of it. Seems she can't satisfy me. Gee, I didn't realize I was that particular.

Wow. I walked past my maple piles, they are already cracking and checking! This week has been a light breeze and 90 plus degrees! I expected it to dry some but wow! Of course the pieces are still pretty heavy but wow, it may just be ready by October...

Status
Not open for further replies.