okanagan platinum vs okanagan df

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JRA

Feeling the Heat
Nov 24, 2014
north shore ma
I have tried the df and love them but 360 per ton in my neck of the woods. Platinum are 325 per ton. Is there a huge difference between the two? Just inquiring for next season since I am all set for this season already. First year burning and enjoying it. Also is there usually discount if I wait until spring to get these. Thanks

I have tried the df and love them but 360 per ton in my neck of the woods. Platinum are 325 per ton. Is there a huge difference between the two? Just inquiring for next season since I am all set for this season already. First year burning and enjoying it. Also is there usually discount if I wait until spring to get these. Thanks
I've tried both this year and both very good pellets. Platinum has a little more ash but same heat output in my stove . The df are ridiculously low on ash and cleanup so to me there worth the extra 50 a ton

I wish I could get DF for 360.00 a ton.I paid 432.00 a ton plus 49.99 delivery. Love them so much I refuse to burn anything else.

I've tried both this year and both very good pellets. Platinum has a little more ash but same heat output in my stove . The df are ridiculously low on ash and cleanup so to me there worth the extra 50 a ton
I am thinking along the lines of pre-ordering 2 ton of Platinum for shoulder season and 2 or 3 ton DF's for the colder months.... but then again my head hurts when I think to much... or is it when I drink to much?.... I don't know..... let me sleep on it :p

Ive burned both. I burned platinums for years but got DF this year. The DF is a little hotter and cleaner but Im on the fence whether its worth the price increase. Still have 4 1/4 tons of DF left.

Status
Not open for further replies.