okay besides Simple pump what is there for backup

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jeanw

Feeling the Heat
Sep 23, 2008
ky
is there something less expensive say 100 ft pex tubing and what else to get down that far. Just say enough to fill a bucket for various puppies for say 2 people > like for survival mode? when and if electric goes out? thanks all

I totally do not understand what you are talking about? If I think what you are saying why not water jugs or filling some kind of a tub or another water heater that does not leak..just ideas here and use buckets..tubing for water ? Whats this about are you in a fish aquarian? lol clancey

Last edited:
is there something less expensive say 100 ft pex tubing and what else to get down that far. Just say enough to fill a bucket for various puppies for say 2 people > like for survival mode? when and if electric goes out? thanks all
I think we need some more clarification

Top 5 post of all time!
I’d do with 1” pvc to a tee with two handles and then ram pump it directly to the flux capacitor. Easy Peasy

Reactions: bholler
Top 5 post of all time!
Must be 5:00 somewhere! :p
I’d do with 1” pvc to a tee with two handles and then ram pump it directly to the flux capacitor. Easy Peasy
Liquid cooled flux capacitors are out of stock everywhere...and unknown lead time for special orders o_O ;)
Might could DIY a Tesla coil though...::-)

Reactions: Rob711
Can’t drink all day unless you start in the morning.

Reactions: brenndatomu
Are you asking about an inexpensive manual pump for a water well?
How deep? You mentioned 100 foot, is that right?
Do you have access to the well head?
Have you thought of a generator for the existing pump?

say 100 ft pex tubing and what else to get down that far
No at that length the hose in the well will have shock arrestors installed
You can not push anything past them.

You can’t suck water 100 feet vertical. It will boil. So pump needs to be at the bottom. You can manually lift the old pump and pipe out, drop in a backup. We don’t use pex but 1” black PE pipe that comes in rolls.

Having a backup pump is more realistic. Or backup power if that’s the concern.

I think the least expensive option is to have a few gallons of water stored in a closet to give the puppies a drink of water. Or are you drying to get water for people? Get a few more gallons of water stored. Figure 1-2 gallons of water/person/day.

Reactions: Highbeam
this Dang spell check screwed up my post. Heck I didn't type "puppies" I tried to peck type "purposes" I didnt notice till now. as Im a peck typist.
naw my friends don't want to remove submersible just have a manual back up next to it. S im. pumps are back ordered for months when they inquired about such.... It seems everyone has the same idea same time frame
They should have had the water situation changed out years ago when I first read about it probably in "Farm Show magazine and told them about such.. the least expensive they have is over $2000.00., I was told
what y'all mean water will boil lifting it 100 feet or so? Wow.. so how did the old timers do it? way over my head.
saw aU tube guy with the roll of black pvc or such stuff. I bought a roll years ago myself and cut it up for various gardening purposes With the supply chain broken cause of these AHats prob hard to get now
Y'all know thanks all.... Be good to each other

this Dang spell check screwed up my post. Heck I didn't type "puppies" I tried to peck type "purposes" I didnt notice till now. as Im a peck typist.
naw my friends don't want to remove submersible just have a manual back up next to it. S im. pumps are back ordered for months when they inquired about such.... It seems everyone has the same idea same time frame
They should have had the water situation changed out years ago when I first read about it probably in "Farm Show magazine and told them about such.. the least expensive they have is over $2000.00., I was told
what y'all mean water will boil lifting it 100 feet or so? Wow.. so how did the old timers do it? way over my head.
saw aU tube guy with the roll of black pvc or such stuff. I bought a roll years ago myself and cut it up for various gardening purposes With the supply chain broken cause of these AHats prob hard to get now
I still have no idea what you are asking

It's actually 34' is the maximum that you can suck water before it boils and all you get it bubbles.

Old timers had shallow wells. It was pretty hard to dig down a 100 feet back then.