Okay. Who has coldest temp.? Time frame. Thurs. 10pm - Sat. 10am. 1 rule. Picture of thermometer.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, if we have a couple storms with snow to plow up a snowbank before we get an ice storm. And that's the river/bay, not a lake. It's tidal salt water, stays open all winter

One of the many things I've learned on this forum is that I don't want to live in Alaska. :)

Back to the title of the thread, i'm at 36 in VA. First fire of the season has the temp up nicely

Attachments

• Photo_00002.jpg
    Photo_00002.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 333
Eh it's not bad where I live.

It was pretty nice today, was in the mid 30s this afternoon though the sun was out and there was no wind so it felt much warmer.

If we hit -20* during the winter that is really about it. The wind does suck though. Last year I had NO snow in my yard for most of the winter... darn wind kept blowing it all across my driveway a few feet from the front of the garage. Don't know why, but the nighbor to the right of me doesn't have that happen and his driveway is maybe 30ft from mine.

bears12th said:
No pic, but here in Eastern CT on the Long Island sound we got down to a chilly 31.5. Calling for mixing snow/rain on Sat. with our first NorEaster. Lets get this started.

;-P

Yeah, I took Murph out this AM in flannels & a sweat shirt, big mistake !!!

Both stoves fired on "simmer". Just settling down the PE at 1/2 a load.

Gonna be chilly at the museum tomorrow, pulled out the Under Armor
cool-smiley-019.gif

They just put us in the "white, maybe" on News 12, WTF ?
action-smiley-034.gif

b88325b5.jpg

Theres the temp downtown. It is usually about 10-15 degrees colder out here. Havent made it out yet this morning to get the temp here but will be shortly.

bsj425 said:
b88325b5.jpg

Theres the temp downtown. It is usually about 10-15 degrees colder out here. Havent made it out yet this morning to get the temp here but will be shortly.

Ding ding...and we have a winner!!!!!

GAMMA RAY said:
bsj425 said:
b88325b5.jpg

Ding ding...and we have a winner!!!!!

Okay Gamma. Looks like bsj425 wins with the coldest temperature and picture of it this week! I will try to remember to post this thread each Thursday afternoon. If you guys don't see it by 6PM maybe someone could bring it up again for me. I think I we could go with the Thursday 10PM to Saturday 10AM every week through the winter. Should be interesting. Later. And have good one.

It was on Wednesday, so slightly out of your timeframe, but up here it got down to 8.2 degrees... I'll post the pic. later... I'm too lazy to actually get up & take a picture of my weather station's temp. displays right now...

bsj425 said:
BrotherBart said:
I am gonna have to bundle up before I go out. Down to 48F.

Suntanning weather! I don't think it's been 48 since mid-September up here...

BrowningBAR said:
One of the many things I've learned on this forum is that I don't want to live in Alaska. :)

+1

BrowningBAR said:

How 'bout Montana? We're the coldest state outside of Alaska, holding the record low temp. for the lower 48 of -70F ! Doesn't that sound nice & warm? :)

snowleopard said:
BrowningBAR said:

+1

LOL, getting chilly there snowleopard?

BeGreen said:
LOL, getting chilly there snowleopard?

No, it's great, it's all good.

Really.

But could someone explain something to me? What do people *do* to deserve living in a warm climate?

Well, qualify that. Isn't anyplace warmer? LOL

In WA you have to prefer rust to tan. In CA it helps if you are a fruit or a nut and like to veg out.

What about the land of Oz? NZ? I don't notice any Kiwis posting pix of their thermies on this thread (so okay, it's summer there). Granted, there are many interesting ways to die Down Under, but freezing to death?

Scratch that. Googled "freezing to death in Australia" and got some hits. Apparently things got pretty chilly in Perth last year.

And found this engaging read as well: http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoo...hen-Stupor--Then-the-Letting-Go.html?page=all

I'll meet you in Hawaii and we can discuss this over Mai Tais.

BeGreen said:
In WA you have to prefer rust to tan. In CA it helps if you are a fruit or a nut and like to veg out.

Or as Gallagher says:

"I call it Granola land. What ain't fruits and nuts is flakes."

BrotherBart said:
BeGreen said:

Or as Gallagher says:

"I call it Granola land. What ain't fruits and nuts is flakes."

Smoking the "Universal Joint"
cool-smiley-008.gif

*Channeling my inner computer skills*

snowleopard said:
But could someone explain something to me? What do people *do* to deserve living in a warm climate?

There's a penance. Large centipedes in your shoes. Sometimes in your bed. Never step out of bed without the lights on in Hawaii.

Have not experienced that yet in Hawaii, but that might just be the accommodations. It is a fertile country.

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
snowleopard said:

There's a penance. Large centipedes in your shoes. Sometimes in your bed. Never step out of bed without the lights on in Hawaii.

Oh. Right. Forgot about that stuff.

North Carolina: I turned on the light in a kitchen and thought I saw a mouse skittering across the floor. It was a cockroach. I am not making that up. And possums. Are they some kind of joke? Naked rodents that may--or may not--be dead? And bugs that live on your animals? Snakes? Really? Poisonous snakes? Really really? Chiggers? ("What are chiggers?" "My, you are new around here, aren't you?") Ringworm?

Wisconsin: waking up in the night with woodticks crawling around in bed? And it gets dark at night in the summertime. That's scary. And weird. How can you possibly get anything done if it's dark at night?

Got it. Warm climates like Hawaii and Wisconsin and North Carolina are for very brave people. This is what people do to deserve to live there. They are very brave.

bsj425 said:
c51b2d51.jpg

So what do I win... Again :)

Holy crap!!!! I think you will be the winner always! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.