Old fashion winter Strap on the snowshoes and take a trip to the woodpile.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

Real pain to walk in snow 4" over your boots. I will be spending the rest of today getting snow removed, where it was impossible
Yesterday to do. It really helps to see where one is going. It was that bad, as bad of conditions, I have ever experienced in
25 years plowing. I have to dig out the Backhoe. No one was prepared for such intensity and the conditions, that developed in
a short 3 hour period.

Just think of the great exercise your getting! I know I tend to eat lots during this time of year and need the extra exercise.

Only about 1-2 inches on the ground here in WIS.

xcountry skies and snow shoeing Plus a whole lot of shoveling ( got to get at the wood piles)
Ever experience Thunder snow? I think it happens partly due to Atlantic moisture and rapid intense development. This storm developed to almost hurricane status in a matter of a few hours. It even had an eye Some recorded gust were 74 mph near the ocean
Inland where I am, probably between 40 to 60mph The guys in Nova Scotia must have gotten hammered as it was still winding up as it exited here.

Status
Not open for further replies.