Old Frontier Wood Stove: Year?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ajbremer

Jul 12, 2022
Pearce, Arizona
Hi - I’m a new member.

Yesterday I picked up an old frontier woodstove and it’s in great shape and it also has a 6 inch pipe outlet. I’m just wondering if I can find a manual for it so that I’ll know how to place the bricks inside of it and other information. Would anyone happen to know what year this is and if there’s a manual around for it?

E8E1B1F8-EB1B-473F-BD68-4D131AED869E.jpeg B8069B1C-856E-4062-9C00-4D6EF848DB38.jpeg

I would guess it is from the mid-1970s. The manuals for these old stoves were very basic. Does it have a UL testing label on back listing clearances?
If you can post a couple pictures of the inside of the firebox, we may be able to figure out the brick pattern. Is there a baffle in there?

Here is some history on Frontiers.

The firebrick pattern is still visible. Looks like 3 across the back and 4 on each side, 6 on the bottom. Looks like the side and back bricks to in before the bottoms. The baffle is rough but serviceable. It might be able to be straightened.