Old Kenmore Electric Heater

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
I have a soft spot for old things, especially if they seem to have something over the new stuff.

The wife wanted to take a nap, and rather than get yelled at for making noise, I jumped in the truck with the dog and started running errands. One thing led to another and I started hitting junk shops.

I was telling myself I was looking for a small Dutch oven, but I could easily add a half dozen other things I'd drag home with me.

So I found an old Kenmore electric heater. I have a matching heater/fan combo at the cabin. I most likely over paid at $20, but it kept me out of trouble, so it was cheap! LoL.

I pulled it apart to lube bearings and clean all the dust that accumulated from the 60s (my guess). It now runs great. These old heaters tend to run with less fan noise than the new ones, which is nice. More style too.

I need to replace the plug still. A prior owner got creative with a fix and I don't quite trust the fix.

20220102_113223.jpg 20220102_113258.jpg

Reactions: begreen
I would have bought the same thing and you and I in the store would of have to have a tug of war over it...lol Love old things like that and so much better quality..good for you..clancey

Very nice find. It has minimal plastic and is built to last. Did the motor have oil ports?