Fennesseyb Posted By Fennesseyb, Nov 29, 2018 at 1:16 PM

1. Fennesseyb

Fennesseyb
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 23, 2018
    Loc:
    WI
    I've been having problems with my current woodstove (separate thread), simply need a new woodstove, but for this season may install this Kingsman that I can get for free. From reading other threads on here, it sounds like they are built like tanks, but eat through a lot of wood. Any other input you all have for me? I can't find much info on this at all!

I'm not even sure if this stove will work with my setup. My current setup (photo below) on my Leyden has the pipe going out the back. I will need to measure, but would need to immediately do a 90* bend into the wall that connects to the old brick chimney (lined with a 6" flue).

Attached Files:

2. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Walk away from that. It will not improve matters, but it will complicate things.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Fennesseyb

Fennesseyb
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 23, 2018
    Loc:
    WI
    Appreciate your insight Begreen. In what way will it complicate things? I was just hoping to get by on the cheap for the rest of this season.

4. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Top vented with what looks like 8" pipe.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...