Old Maple

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good job Zap........I did the same. I'm working on white oak now. I'll be tackling the some bigger ones tonight. One hour every night this week is my goal. Stack on Saturday
The GIBIR pres is on my azz ==c
It looks like starting tonight through Saturday were in for 1.50 or more inches of rain. One hour a night during the week adds up, I'm sure there will be pics.

Our new stacking area is on hold, we have a damaged White Pine that needs to come down first.

Zap, I was talking to a local farmer today and when we got that 2 1/2" of rain, he got 3" and lives about 3 miles from us. Then just 4 miles due south they got 4" or more! I really didn't mind that we got shorted on that one.

Reactions: ScotO and zap
Just some splitting I did yesterday afternoon, I still have six nice size rounds left. I brought the splitter back so I could change the oil, depending on the weather, I would like to finish splitting this by Sunday.

The two pics of the split pile are of the same pile.

Attachments

• Old Maple
    100_7425.JPG
    188.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Old Maple
    100_7423.JPG
    193.5 KB · Views: 74
  • Old Maple
    100_7424.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 78
If I had my camera together I would show you my oak and hickory Zap..........but no worries I will get that done soon. I wedged 8 rounds in half last night and walked 16 pieces out to the splitter and got them split and was back in the house in an hour. I will get er done.

Reactions: ScotO and zap
Status
Not open for further replies.